Sunday, January 22, 2017

Help I'm a Mom: I am the Mom Right!?!

Have you ever wondered if you were really the one in charge? Or been confounded at how your toddler can seem to hold all the cards?

Have you ever found yourself yelling at the empty space, "I AM the Mom Right!?!

You are not alone dear one!


Some of us were gifted with children that test, explore, push and challenge. Yes I said gifted. Those three look like angels am I right?!?

They ran me off my feet!!

For real!!

Young Mom, I know you are tired, overwhelmed, completely beyond your depth. I know you wonder why God trusted you with that precious little.

I know because I have been there.

I have been tired, exhausted and in need of new tools. I have been deathly afraid of speaking my fear that I am doing it all wrong. What if someone figures out I have no idea what I am doing???

I have wondered if I should start a savings plan because my kids are going to be in need of counseling for years because of the mistakes I make.

I know the doubts.

"How can I be doing this right if a 3-year-old just out-witted me?!?"

  • You are not alone!! Plenty of us have been there and are in shock as we watch our our youngsters turn into amazing humans!! It will happen, trust me!
  • Keep filling your tool bag. Listen to how other families are handling there littles. Read, read, read. Dr. Kevin Leman was our go to parenting guy. He has so much wisdom!
  • Keep your cool. A toddler, child, teen thinks that if they can't have their way, the next best thing is making you lose your mind. It's a win for them if you lose it! 
  • Figure out what you can control and what you can't. Trust me, your toddlers & children know what is under their control. You cannot make them use the potty, or swallow their food. Don't wear yourself out fighting when you can't win.
  • God is enough! He knows this kid needs you and you need this kid. He is big enough for your failures and is in the business of bringing good from our failure.

Your kids do not need you to be a perfect parent. They have God for that. 

They need you to teach them how to be human. Show them how to live broken, trying, succeeding sometimes, failing often.


Trust me, the challenges you are facing are one of the biggest gifts you have.
Take heart my weary friend!!


How we parent can teach our children valuable qualities that they need in this world.

  • Tenacity: How to keep going when it is tough.
  • Humility, Apologizing when we are wrong.
  • Teachability, Recognizing when we need to learn and doing everything we can to do so.
  • Self-Control: Learning to keep it together even when we want to throw a tantrum too.
  • Love: We will move mountains to be the best for them  that we can be because of how we love them.
I know you are tired, give those babes to another adult for a while and go rest or treat yourself.

You are doing a great job.

 Keep at it!








No comments:

Post a Comment