Sunday, April 16, 2017

Love Speaks in a Whisper

Love came softly this morning.
I could sense the Holy Spirit as he wrapped around my son.

I knew He was whispering in my son's ear.

God has been gently wooing him for a while. Slowly the independence and fight have been ebbing away, peace and joy taking its place.  It has been beautiful to witness. This son who has always known truth, defended it even while running from it. He has given up his fight. God did not come in the earthquake. He did not come in the fire. He came as a gentle whisper.
 Like a gentle breeze.
If I had not been looking for Him, I might have missed it.


He whispered this morning.

The Holy Spirit spoke today.
I could sense the conversation between them. 
My son sat beside me, and all of a sudden his knee started bouncing furiously.

Then I sensed the spirit speak to me. 
Pray!!

The Spirit spurred me. 
I could feel the struggle.  

We always have a little fight in us, don't we?

"Do I speak Lord? Do I stay quiet and say nothing?"

Speak!

I looked at my boy. "Dad will be there with you, he can baptize you."

Eyebrows raised in response.

He sat tight.

Pray!

So I prayed.

 Furiously.

A smile on my lips.

"Not really sure which way this is gonna go Lord!!"

Praying for my children has been one of the great joys and struggles of my life.  
I know many parents understand this.

I could feel the love of almighty God, gently wooing him, whispering to him.  

"Do I speak? Do I stay silent? Lord, what is a Mom to do??"

Speak.

"If the Spirit is speaking to you, do not quiet His voice, obey Him son."

And that was it.

 Up he got and off he went.  


If I had not been looking for Him, I might have missed it.

God will not force us. He calls with arms wide inviting us.
He will not make us.

He waits for us to choose.

Baptism is the call to declare Christ is Lord and that you will follow him to the best of your ability.  We practice baptism by immersion. Symbolically dying to self and the old way, rising with Christ into newness of life. 
Jesus modeled it and calls us to do likewise. the early church demonstrates it. It is  a step in growing in our relationship with God.

What a joy to see your child walk in obedience. What a joy to see them lay down their fight and choose God.

If God has His rightful place in their lives, everything else falls into place. This is the biggest desire of our hearts for our kids, now and always. This is what we pray for. 

I am humbled by God's love and grace. I am so grateful!!

Love speaks in a whisper, don't miss it!



No comments:

Post a Comment